Dig a Water Well
Can you help us dig a water well for a community that has no clean water?Recently, I was in a village where I saw a dirty irrigation ditch. Next to the ditch were cows and chickens. Children were drinking dirty water from the ditch. It was such an amazing experience to give that village a freshwater well. Now, the children will drink clean water for the first time in their lives.
Statistics about the need for clean drinking water:
- 1 in 8 people worldwide do not have access to safe and clean drinking water.
- Nearly a billion, 884 million people do not have access to clean and safe water.
- In developing countries, as much as 80% of illnesses are linked to poor water and sanitation conditions.
- 443 million school days are lost each year due to water-related diseases.
- Half of the world’s hospital beds are filled with people suffering from a water-related disease.
- The average container for water collection in India, the jerry can, weighs over 40 lbs when full.
- Almost two-thirds, 64% of households rely on women to get the family’s water when there is no water source in the home.
- Nearly 1 out of every 5 deaths under the age of 5 worldwide is due to a water-related disease.
The need for freshwater is one that can be met. We can dig a water well for an investment of only $1,400.
When we drill a fresh water well, the sign over the well says, “‘He who comes to Me will thirst no more.’ – Jesus Christ” We pray that as the villagers come to the well for freshwater, that many of them will discover the living water that only Jesus can give.
Give towards building a freshwater well today!