Acts Chapter 2 Gives Us 39 Signs of a True Revival
- Revival begins with the HOLY SPIRIT.
“When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance” (Acts 2:1-4).
- Revival is for every NATION in the world.
“And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven. And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, Look, are not all these who speak Galileans? And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born? Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabs we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God” (Acts 2:5-11).
- Revival is AMAZING!
“So they were all amazed…” (Acts 2:12).
- Revival may be PUZZLING to those who have never heard.
So they were all…perplexed, saying to one another, “Whatever could this mean?” 13Others mocking said, “They are full of new wine.” 14But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words.15For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day” (Acts 2:12-15).
- Revival comes as a fulfillment of PROPHECY.
16But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel” (Acts 2:16).
- Revival heralds the LAST DAYS.
“And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, (Acts 2:17).
- Revival is not a drop, not a trickle, but a mighty rushing RIVER.
“That I will pour out of My Spirit…” (Acts 2:17).
- Revival is for EVERYONE! “On all flesh,” (Acts 2:17).
- Revival is for MEN. “Your sons” (Acts 2:17).
- Revival is for WOMEN.“and your daughters shall prophesy” (Acts 2:17).
- Revival is for the YOUNG.“Your young men shall see visions” (Acts 2:17). Normally, young men only see girls, but this verse says they will see visions.
- Revival is for the OLD.“Your old men shall dream dreams” (Acts 2:17).
- Revival is for ORDINARY PEOPLE.“And on My menservants and on My maidservants” (Acts 2:18).
- Revival’s evidence is the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
“I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy” (Acts 2:18).
- Revival is accompanied by SIGNS and WONDERS.
“I will show wonders in heaven above and signs in the earth beneath” (Acts 2:19).
- Revival has three guarantees…the BLOOD of Jesus, the FIRE of the Holy Spirit, and the PRESENCE of God.
“Blood and fire and vapor of smoke” (Acts 2:19).
- Revival Proclaims the RETURN of Christ.
“The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord” (Acts 2:20).
- Revival saves SINNERS.
“And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Acts 2:21).
- Revival is proved by MIRACLES.
“Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know Him” (Acts 2:22).
- Revival emphasizes the DEATH and RESURECTION of Jesus.
“…being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it” (Acts 2:23-24).
- Revival produces REJOICING!
“For David says concerning Him: “I foresaw the Lord always before my face, For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken, Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad” (Acts 2:25-26).
- Revival inspires HOPE.
“Moreover my flesh also will rest in hope” (Acts 2:26).
- Revival saves people from HELL.
“For You will not leave my soul in Hades, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption” (Acts 2:27).
- Revival teaches us how to LIVE.
“You have made known to me the ways of life” (Acts 2:28).
- Revival fills us with JOY!
“You will make me full of joy in Your presence” (Acts 2:28).
- Revival is worth WITNESSING about.
“This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses” (Acts 2:32).
- Revival is GUARANTEED by Jesus who sits beside God the Father.
“Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. “For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at My right hand” (Acts 2:33-34).
- Revival defeats ENEMIES.
“Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” (Acts 2:35).
- Revival’s heart is the knowledge that Jesus is LORD.
“Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.” (Acts 2:36).
- Revival IMPACTS people.
“Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?” (Acts 2:37).
- Revival demands REPENTANCE.
“Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 2:38).
- Revival continues to impact people TODAY!
“For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call” (Acts 2:39).
- Revival saves every GENERATION.
“And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation” (Acts 2:40)
- Revival produces RESULTS!
“Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them” (Acts 2:41).
- Revival creates DISCIPLES.
“And they continued steadfastly in the apostles doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. (Acts 2:42).
- Revival produces Signs and Wonders.
“Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles” (Acts 2:43).
- Revival creates an atmosphere of GIVING and FELLOWSHIP.
“Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need” (Acts 2:44-45).
- Revival meets people’s NEEDS.
“So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people” (Acts 2:46-47).
- Revival bears DAILY FRUIT.
“And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.” (Acts 2:47).
ABOUT DANIEL KING
Evangelist Daniel King, D.Min is on a mission to lead people to Jesus. He has visited over seventy nations preaching good news and he has led over two million people in a salvation prayer. He is often called “The Evangelism Coach.” To support King Ministries in our quest for souls, click here!